X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PoorboyMike
    • Oct 2005

How to wire 6 AE IB15s?

Is there any decent way to wire up 6 AE IB15s to run off a bridged EP2500? Or even 3 per side in stereo mode?

I'm trying to plan out my IB sub. I was originally going to go with 4 of the Fi IB18s but the way my theater is working out, I really don't have as much room as I'd like below my screen. They would fit but I'm trying to keep the drivers at least 6-8" above the floor in case my basement floods. I could probably get away with using 4 15s but then I got to thinking that it would be cool to have 2 per manifold directly below each of the LCR.

What do you think?
    Last edited by PoorboyMike; 30 May 2009, 01:06 Saturday.
  • PoorboyMike
    • Oct 2005

I think I may have found something. Does this look like it would work?

Click image for larger version

Name:	6sp_spk4.gif
Views:	8
Size:	1.5 KB
ID:	943891

"For 8 ohm speakers, you get a 5.34 ohm load."

Anyone see anything wrong with this?
    Last edited by theSven; 03 July 2023, 22:50 Monday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• TacoD
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2004

The figure of 5.34 is correct three woofers parallel will result in 1/8+ 1/8+1/8 = 1/R -> R = 2.666 Ohm. Two of these networks in series will bring the total resistance @ 5.33 ohm.

Please note that this impedance will not tell the whole story, the real impedance can differ at other frequencies.

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

That's the only viable option you'd have..

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"