X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bemis23
    • May 2009

Required reading for DIYers?

So while i'm still waiting for eveyrthing to line up so I can start my builds I figured I should do some more reading and research. I've trawled through just about every website and forum I can find, and found a few recommendations for books to read.

So I just ordered the following:

Speaker Building 201 by Ray Alden
    The Loudspeaker Design Cookbook by Vance Dickason
    The Master's Handbook of Acoustics by F. Alan Everest

Any others I'm missing? I've started to read some technical papers (mostly written by Klippel) as well, but since I stopped taking math at Cal 3, I'm struggling with some of the more complicated sections.
  • Paul W
    • Oct 2004

Testing Loudspeakers: Joseph D'Appolito
    Sound Reproduction: Floyd Toole
    Paul

Comment

• jquin
      • Dec 2006

I own
      Testing Loudspeakers: Joseph D'Appolito
      The Loudspeaker Design Cookbook by Vance Dickason

I must say that I am a little disappointed with these kind of books.
      Partly it is because they are a little dated. I would like to see some more on computer testing. You seem to be able to learn more about this with free tutorials online. Ref http://www.speakerworkshop.com/ & http://www.claudionegro.com/

One thing I was hoping to find in speaker books is information regarding Baffle step compensation. Also Chamfering cabinets and rules of thumb regarding the effects of Chamfering.

Something else I would have like to see is phase matching of mid and woofers at the crossover point.

Some of these tricks of the trade seem to be missing. Either that or they are buried deep in these books and I have not had the patience to extract it.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"