X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 06'goat
    • Mar 2009

Sealed statements crossover point

I am wondering if I go with the sealed statements can I run them full range? I hear they roll off at about 50hz... Does that mean that they sort of have their own natural crossover and that the bass in the lower octaves won't hurt the woofers like they might with the ported statements? Any help would be great!
  • Curt C
    • Feb 2005

The air compliance of a sealed enclosure does provide some excursion limiting at lower frequencies. However the decrease in compliance will not eliminate overexcursion of the cone at the higher power levels we might expect to subject them to.

In the case of the Sealed statements, I’d suggest using a 2nd order HP filter around 40 Hz. This will do little to reduce the extension of the RS225’s (maybe raise the f3 by 5 Hz) but will insure the woofers will remain reasonably close to their excursion limits up to their power limitation of 80 watts/driver.

C
    Curt's Speaker Design Works

Comment

• ---k---
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2005

Can I just say that is some great customer service! :T
      - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
      CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
      CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• 06'goat
        • Mar 2009

Thanks Curt!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"