X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lundowner
    • May 2009

Duratex

I have read around the net that Duratex is a fairly easy way of finishing off cabinets if your not a real skilled woodsmith. Searching here I could find no mention of it. Seems better than Bed Liner due to fumes and stuff. Just curious if anyone here has used it.

JS
  • PoorboyMike
    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by lundowner
    I have read around the net that Duratex is a fairly easy way of finishing off cabinets if your not a real skilled woodsmith. Searching here I could find no mention of it. Seems better than Bed Liner due to fumes and stuff. Just curious if anyone here has used it.

JS
    I've used it and it's fairly easy to use. It seems quite durable too. The stuff is really thick and goes fast if you use a sprayer (actually a texture gun). Use the smallest tip you have and move fast. Also, make sure you don't have anything near that you don't want this stuff on because it will splatter quite a bit.

They sent me a PDF recently on how to do a leather look. I just tried to attach it but it's too big. Basically, you just brush the Duratex on and while it's still wet, put a piece of plastic (or saran wrap) over it and peel it off. From the pictures, it looks pretty cool. I can email it to you if you are interested.

Comment

• lundowner
      • May 2009

Originally posted by PoorboyMike
      They sent me a PDF recently on how to do a leather look. I just tried to attach it but it's too big. Basically, you just brush the Duratex on and while it's still wet, put a piece of plastic (or saran wrap) over it and peel it off. From the pictures, it looks pretty cool. I can email it to you if you are interested.
      Thanks. I saw that pdf while surfing. One of the pieces I saw that prompted the question.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"