X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex4bass
    • May 2009

Canadian source for raw speakers/drivers

Hi,

I am planning on building myself a pair dipole speakers. I was scouting for a source of good quality drivers and I thought i found one at partsexpress. Unfortunately shipping + brokerage fee to Canada ends up at 80$ US.

Thats just not going to work. So I think my best option is to find a local source (Toronto) or at least a Canadian one.

So far Ive only come across Solen Electronique up in Quebec. They have a wide selection of high quality drivers and shipping charges wont kill me.

My question: Are there other suppliers/distributors in Canada (ideally local to the GTA) from which I could acquire good quality drivers?

Thanks,
    Alex
  • NyxOne
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by alex4bass
    Hi,

I am planning on building myself a pair dipole speakers. I was scouting for a source of good quality drivers and I thought i found one at partsexpress. Unfortunately shipping + brokerage fee to Canada ends up at 80$ US.

Thats just not going to work. So I think my best option is to find a local source (Toronto) or at least a Canadian one.

So far Ive only come across Solen Electronique up in Quebec. They have a wide selection of high quality drivers and shipping charges wont kill me.

My question: Are there other suppliers/distributors in Canada (ideally local to the GTA) from which I could acquire good quality drivers?

Thanks,
    Alex
    Hi Alex,

The only other one I know of is CSS. Solen is THE only who carries alot of different brand.

Good luck with your project,
    Chuck

Comment

• Martyn
      • Feb 2006

This problem is a real PITA. I've used Solen and Creative Sound. I've also had PE ship to a mail drop south of the border. Unfortunately they had it (a Behringer amp) stolen off their loading dock and it took me quite a battle to get them to accept responsibility. Nonetheless, this would be the way to go if you can find someone who takes more care, especially if you buy when PE has a "free shipping" special on. Other than that you could ask PE to ship by USPS -at least you'd avoid being ripped off by UPS if you can persuade them to do it.

Comment

• bbe22
        • Mar 2009

You can try Q-Components
        638 Colby Drive
        Waterloo Ontario Canada http://www.loudspeakers.ca

and

The Speaker Shop
        (416) 782-4451
        Address :
        25 Curity Ave
        East York, ON , M4B3M2

Comment

• krips
          • Sep 2007

mach5 carries subs mostly, but they have a little bit of other stuff.
          Use this area to place widgets or custom HTML for your visitors. This is a custom widget displaying a summary of a chosen page. It would automatically get the excerpt of that page and place it here (or wherever you place the widget).
          Sharp LC-42D64U
          TriTrix MTM (Sealed)

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"