X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dynamowhum
    • Aug 2006

Tymphany LAT250 Linear Array Transducer

Could anyone tell me how well these would work in a satellite speaker set up with a tweeter?
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

After Zaph's review I'd only use them in a car

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• dynamowhum
      • Aug 2006

Thanks I searched first on this forum and didn't find them mentioned. Will look at what Zaph's said as well

Comment

• penngray
        • Sep 2007

I just picked up two LAT 250s, under $30 seems to cheap to ignore.

Here is the Zaph link

His review tells me that in-wall, small bookshelf, near field monitor, in-wall are all great applications for this product. Obviously full loudspeakers are not going to benefit from it but he did comment "It looked like the small versions were coming to market first, but there was a massive free standing prototype in the demo room that could change the way we do dipoles."

that sound really cool! Definitely opens up the car subwoofer solutions, I hated 10" woofers taking up all the space.

It would be nice to see how these are mounted in a box though, I have no idea yet.

Comment

• Blue Chip
          • Sep 2011

sorry for waking an old thread, but if anyone has a pair of these LAT250s on sale, please PM me.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"