Zaph's ZDT3.5, ZD3C, what about surrounds?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • timotheus
    • Nov 2008

Zaph's ZDT3.5, ZD3C, what about surrounds?

Hello everyone,
    I am getting close to building speakers. I am planning to do an IB Sub, use the ZDT3.5 for LR and ZD3C for the center. This may be a stupid question - I am thinking of also using the ZD3C for the side and back surrounds. I have a pretty big room for this. It is essentially a 20'X20' room. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Timotheus
  • jkrutke
    • Dec 2005

Hello,

Yes, the ZD3C would work as sides and surround. It does however seem like a little overkill to me. If you are mounting them above ear height, be sure the tweeter is on the bottom. You might also consider a 2-way design combining a RS180 with a Seas tweeter crossed low. (I don't have one myself) Perhaps the Modula MT.
    Zaph|Audio

Comment

• timotheus
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by jkrutke
      Hello,

Yes, the ZD3C would work as sides and surround. It does however seem like a little overkill to me. If you are mounting them above ear height, be sure the tweeter is on the bottom. You might also consider a 2-way design combining a RS180 with a Seas tweeter crossed low. (I don't have one myself) Perhaps the Modula MT.
      I am awed that the master himself responded.... ;x(

Seriously, thanks for your help and advice! It is much appreciated by a humble redneck from Alabama.... :B

I am also considering the Modula MT plus the Encore that is listed on the PE site.

My thinking was that it would probably be easier for me to produce 5 ZDC3s as Center and Surrounds vs. mixing speaker types, etc....i.e., simple things for simple minds....heh heh.

Any advice is gratefully received!

Thanks!

Timotheus

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"