X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ocho
    • Feb 2009

Driver Response in BDS

Hi everybody. So this is a pretty stupid question, but I'd like an explanation if anyone can help.

I've attached the response I get from Baffle Diffraction Simulator. What I'm looking for is an exact explanation of what it means.

I assume its charting the loss of driver response due to the baffles of the speaker, but I'd just like to make sure thats the case.

Thanks
    Attached Files
  • Evil Twin
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ocho

I assume its charting the loss of driver response due to the baffles of the speaker, but I'd just like to make sure thats the case.

Thanks
    It's charting the modification of the forward axial frequency response as a result of the mounting baffle shape and size- this includes baffle step effects due to the shift from 2pi to 4pi radiation, and effects from the baffle edge termination which cause early reflections that propagate waves that have some forward radiating energy. Think of the reflections of water waves in a pool from nearby rocks. The baffle edge is like a rock.
    DFAL
    Dark Force Acoustic Labs

A wholly owned subsidiary of Palpatine Heavy Industries

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"