X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamesH
    • May 2007

Need help finding Vifa D26NC55 tweeter

Hi folks,

I've been building a 7.1 HT setup over the past two years and am down to the last speaker, my NeoDCC center channel. (NatalieP for LR and Modula MT for surrounds, in case you're curious.)

Anyway, somehow I LOST the tweeter I bought a year ago and am in desperate need of a replacement. I've already got the crossovers wired up, so I've got $400-500 in parts dependent upon me finding this discontinued tweeter. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

James
  • Smokinghot
    • Dec 2008

Could be a complete shot in the dark, but you could try contacting the guy at the end of this thread...

He may have more.... :unsure:

Use this FREE forum to sell your personal audio/video gear to other audio enthusiasts. Please read the Sticky “Rules For Posting” before posting your items for sale. NO COMMERCIAL SALES PLEASE!

Comment

• JamesH
      • May 2007

Anyone have a D26NC55 they're willing to sell??

Does anyone have a spare D26NC55 they'd be willing to sell? Mike, I tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full.

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Mike sold all his to me. I sent the bulk of them to JonMarsh because he given his stock to a guy in Europe not knowing they were discontinued.

I don't remember who it was but someone on the PE forum posted about having one available. So search threads there.

Jed uses them in his designs and stocked up a while back. Perhaps he'll part with one.

Jon is working on a crossover mod that will change the tweeter to the available D25. So the bulk of you investment is safe.

In the mean time find the one that's lost...

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Jed
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ThomasW

Jed uses them in his designs and stocked up a while back. Perhaps he'll part with one.

Unfortunately I don't have any left.

Comment

• Bear
            Super Senior Member
            • Dec 2008

I've got 5 left. PM me or e-mail bill 'at' spectracal.com.
            Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.

Comment

• JamesH
              • May 2007

Thanks to all.

Oops, I somehow accidentally posted twice in this forum, but anyway thanks to all for the help--particularly Bill for his willingness to part with one of these babies. (I have no doubt I'll find the missing one the minute the replacement arrives!)

Can't wait to get everything all set up. Cheers.

Comment

• wackii
                • Jan 2006

I have one of the D26NC55 tweeter if you still need it. I had this more than 2 years and have never use it. I also have the Dayton RS52AN-8 2" dome midrange. I was going to built the NeoD CC center designed by JonMarsh, but then the project was on hold for more than 1 year due to his job and traveling. I built the statement center instead. So now, I have these extra drivers sitting in my storage. I also have 1 cu ft gloss black cabinet from P.E. if anyone is interested. Please PM me.

Thanks.

Al,

Comment

• gmed
                  • Dec 2006

I just spoke to Speaker City few weeks ago, and from what they told me, it is coming back soon , as Vifas are going to be made in China and they are in fact bringing this tweeter back.

Dont shoot the messenger

G

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"