X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobhowell
    • Jul 2008

Looking for Info on WindowsXP EQ

I use a pc based server for my music source. I have been using WMP but am also trying foo player. My PC MB has a Realtek 7.1 HD onboard sound and I run Windows XP now, but some day Vista I guess.

I have read a little about Audiolense and Final Cut. Not sure yet how they compare, but would like to know what others are using for EQ.

Thanks

Bob
  • Dennis H
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2002

Isn't there an EQ plugin for foobar?

Comment

• bobhowell
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Dennis H
      Isn't there an EQ plugin for foobar?
      Might be, but I am still figuring it all out.

At the beach now. Only had an hour or so to work on it before I left town.

I am trying to read up on it, while out, so I can know what to focus on when I get back. Audiolense cost $190 for some level of functionality. It produces a filter to be used in playback. I don't think I am going to make much progress till I get back home.

I have been looking for a plug in for FooBar but have not found it yet. Would Audiolense be it? Have looked briefly at Final Cut site, did not seem right.
      Anyone have experience with these?

Comment

• Dennis H
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Aug 2002

My mistake, it's not a plugin. The basic equalizer is built into the default installation of foobar. I don't have it on this computer but I think you get to it through the utility menu.

Comment

• bobhowell
          • Jul 2008

I have been using a similar function in WMP and like it. Now what I want to explore is room eq or digital room correction or parametric eq. Not sure of the terms. saw a wiki detailing the differences. Measuring the room and setting the eq to match.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"