X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NyxOne
    • Jan 2008

Need input on "Aurum Cantus G3SI"

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to know if someone of HTG has ever tried the Aurum Cantus G3SI. A friend on mine is willing to sell me his pair (new) at a ridiculous price (less than 125$ USD for the pair).

I know Zaph tested it and it's THD is high compared to a standard dome tweeter but I always wanted to try a ribbon tweeter so i was wandering if anyone have an opinion on them ? I know these tweeter need to be crossed hight but i can live with that (over 2800-3000 ?).

Any comments will be highly appreciated!

Thanks,
    NyxOne
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

I heard the G2 and it was excellent. So I'd imagine you'll like the G3si, even though the vertical dispersion isn't all that great because it's a long ribbon.

Comment

• NyxOne
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Jed
      I heard the G2 and it was excellent. So I'd imagine you'll like the G3si, even though the vertical dispersion isn't all that great because it's a long ribbon.
      Hi Jed,

I can live with the vertical dispersion... nobody's perfect!

Have any thoughts on the fact that their THD is no so great ?

Do you know what was the crossover frequency/order of the G2 you have listen ?

Thanks for your comments,
      NyxOne

Comment

• Jed
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by NyxOne
        Hi Jed,

I can live with the vertical dispersion... nobody's perfect!

Have any thoughts on the fact that their THD is no so great ?

Do you know what was the crossover frequency/order of the G2 you have listen ?

Thanks for your comments,
        NyxOne

I heard the G2 in the Salk HT3 at RMAF. I think Dennis M. crosses the G2 around 2.5k or so in that speaker.

At the price you can get these for, I don't think I'd worry about a bit more HD than a dome because the dynamics will be off the charts with the G3si.

Just my 2 cents.

Jed

Comment

• NyxOne
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Jed
          I heard the G2 in the Salk HT3 at RMAF. I think Dennis M. crosses the G2 around 2.5k or so in that speaker.

At the price you can get these for, I don't think I'd worry about a bit more HD than a dome because the dynamics will be off the charts with the G3si.

Just my 2 cents.

Jed
          That is exactly what i wanted to hear!

Want to hear something weird !? I'm a bit broke right now and this deal wasn't on my budget so i wasn't sure it was a good idea to buy them.

2 minutes ago my boss went into my office and gave me a 6% raise (I've done alot of "free/personnal" overtime lately). Right after he leaves I receive an email notifying that you have replied to me...

Well I think my new paycheck can cover this expense!

Thanks for you comments,
          NyxOne

PS : Please forgive the english of a poor French Canadian!

Comment

• Jed
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by NyxOne
            2 minutes ago my boss went into my office and gave me a 6% raise (I've done alot of "free/personnal" overtime lately). Right after he leaves I receive an email notifying that you have replied to me...

Gotta love synchronicity! Good luck with your project and congrats on the raise, too.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"