X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fabricator
    • Mar 2009

inexpencive dual DIY subs ?

hello, all. new guy here. i hope you can help.

i want dual diy subs. 12"(15" ?) front firing. ideal external cabinet size = 18"w 20"h 24"d = the only dimension i have to stick with is width. room is 8h x 12w x 19L , but right next to it is my kitchen/dining room, about the same size. joined by a 8'w x 7't opening right in the middle of the wall.

max spl is not an issue. right now, i have a dayton sub120. some movies it ok. but action movies, not so much.

from what i have seen with other builds. i think $600 for amp/s and 2 drivers will give me a lot more than i need.

i am figuring that i am not the first to ask for this type of build. so a thread will be here somewhere.
    i did search some, and i am now going to search more.

thanx a ton

i am ready to move on this now. i can order today, and start cutting wood in a few days.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

$300 total per sub is a bit on the low side, so you'd be bottom feeding for drivers and amps.

You could certainly build a nice single sub for $600.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Fabricator
      • Mar 2009

ok, i found this thread. looks like post # 32 is what i want. and, oddly enough, he has the same speakers i have on back order.

Comment

• Fabricator
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasW
        $300 total per sub is a bit on the low side, so you'd be bottom feeding for drivers and amps.

You could certainly build a nice single sub for $600.
        well. an ep2500 = $300 and 2 infinity kappas = $300. $0 = hopping i don't need an eq :lol: this setup, in a good cabinet, would blow my face off. but the cabinets would be too big.

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

AV15"s are $250+ shipping per driver....

FWIW all subs need EQ.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• AJINFLA
            • Mar 2005

C1500K x2.
            Order through the PE banner at the top of the page.

cheers,

AJ
            Manufacturer

Comment

• Fabricator
              • Mar 2009

lol, yeah. i guess if i got desperate. thing is i have a sub120. and i don't see that being a lot better. and then add in shipping. i could build 2 shiva's for that.

Comment

• Fabricator
                • Mar 2009

LOL, your avatar

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"