X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stelau
    • Feb 2009

Hello there,...some questions!!

by my search about the Dayton`s ,i found this here and i`m really happy to see some new things ;x(
    I like the statements pretty much, now i had some questions:

The Port behind the W4 is in the Statements 16 1/2 long and by the Mini
    Statements 13 3/4 , it doesn`t matter how long it is?

I would like to use the Neo CD 2 or the HIVI RT2 II, what you think about it

And finaly i think about the RSS 270-8 in 2 Cu.ft Sealed cabinet(two of them), with the the DCX 2496 active

thank you for your support
    Stefan

PS.My German is much better
  • Curt C
    • Feb 2005

Guten Tag, Stefan

Trust me, your English is much better than my German. :B

Originally posted by Stelau
    The Port behind the W4 is in the Statements 16 1/2 long and by the Mini Statements 13 3/4 , it doesn`t matter how long it is?
    The short answer is that everything matters, but some things matter more than others.

The long answer is that I designed the crossover point in the Statements to be above the characteristic ‘dipole rolloff’, which it is. The Mini’s have a smaller footprint, so we cut it a little closer, but it is not an issue.

I would like to use the Neo CD 2 or the HIVI RT2 II, what you think about it
    Personally, I think the NeoCD3.0 does such a nice job, I can’t see any reason to replace it. Certainly you can, but it would require crossover modifications.

And finaly i think about the RSS 270-8 in 2 Cu.ft Sealed cabinet(two of them), with the the DCX 2496 active
    I’m presuming you mean the RS270-8, and further assume you intend to replace the RS180-8 in the Mini Design. The change in baffle width would necessitate a new crossover even if you actively crossed the woofers. You won’t really gain anything over the sealed version of the full sized Statements, which uses RS225-8's, and I'd recommend that design if you want a sealed solution.

C
    Curt's Speaker Design Works

Comment

• Stelau
      • Feb 2009

Now i have do it !!!

Thank you Curt (spell it with an "K" and its really german) for your answer.
      The W4 i ordert by PE the rest by an Europen Dealer,the shipping and taxes
      is much from the US.
      I keep the RS 225 and Change the CD3 into the CD2(its more for my Eyes than for my Ears), firstly i try your crossover and will see whats going on!
      Now i go to Sleep and tomorrow i have to talk to my wife :roll:

Thank you
      Stefan

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"