X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dennis H
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2002

PE waveguides back in stock

I just noticed they are back, in sizes from 4.5" to 12", prices from $5-$14. At that price, I wouldn't mind doing some damping, throat fitting, etc. I can't say I would feel the same if I paid the high price of some of the other waveguides.

Image not available
    Last edited by theSven; 18 August 2023, 10:06 Friday. Reason: Remove broken image link
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

They're certainly cheap enough for experimentation purposes..

Now everyone can clone the lower cost Emerald Physics design..

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Dennis H
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2002

In Paul W's tests, the 12" from MSC (discontinued but similar to the PE) had a lower cutoff frequency and better pattern control than the 10" DDS. The pattern control looks as good as Earl Geddes's posted graphs to my eye so it's definitely something you could work with.

Hi all, :D I have been working with EdL (thanks Ed) for the last couple weeks in preparing to measure some DIY WGs for use with non-compression drivers. That is, the tweeters will be standard off-the-shelf dome tweeters. Ed has turned some examples and sent them to me. Soon I will be doing some measurements (I have to go out

0 and 45 measurements:

Last edited by theSven; 18 August 2023, 10:05 Friday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• fjhuerta
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2006

What size would you guys recommend?
        Javier Huerta

Comment

• Dennis H
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2002

The general idea with the Geddes systems seems to be the same size waveguide as the woofer to get balanced directivity. The catch is you need a pretty good pro woofer to cross that high -- at about a wavelength or a little higher. Geddes uses B&C drivers but the TD drivers from aespeakers look a bit better to me for crossing high.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"