X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Jennings
    • Jan 2009

Best recordings to show of the performance of your speakers

Hey was just wondering what would be your selection to show of your speakers??

I know I like stuff like Dark Side of the moon from Pink Floyd. I always fiund this recording real nice to show off the power if my speakers

As for dvd material I always like to use Saving private Ryan the beach scene or Pearl Harbor wgen the japs attack Pearl Habour scene.

what would you say is your best selection to show off some Speakers??
  • BretH
    • Feb 2006

A search of the forum will reward you:

This could include CDs/DVDs/SACDs/DVD-A/Blu-rays/HD-DVDs. I always like playing: The Eagles - Farewell 1 Tour - Live From Melbourne DVD on 5.1 DTS "Rocky Mountain Way", "Desperato" SW Episode II DVD - Final Fight Scene Bone, Thugs & Harmony E1999 - CD - "Mo'Murda" Norah Jones - Live at

Hey duders.... here's another thread to add to the mix.... What songs do you bring along as reference material to try out stereo equipment.... Fo' me... Patty Barber....Modern cool album.....song 7 2:45....Song 10 3.30 into it... Dave Bruebeck...Live at Carnegie Hall...almost anything Nina simone....for

and I am certain there is much more...
    Last edited by theSven; 18 August 2023, 10:03 Friday. Reason: Update htguide urls

Comment

• benchtester
      • Sep 2007

I think there are two catagories: tracks that make everything sound great and tracks that only the best systems can reproduce well.

I am interested in both. Unfortunately I think the difficult tracks are hard to demo if the audience is not familiar with the particular track.

Comment

• planitismetal
        • Dec 2008

After too many years of listening all kinds of music, and after 3.000 cd in my home,
        I definitelly choose PINK FLOYD - WISH YOU WERE HERE Master Sound by Columbia 24k Gold Cd remastered by Bob Ludwig!!!

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

https://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20373&highlight=reference+recordi ngs
          Last edited by theSven; 18 August 2023, 10:04 Friday. Reason: Update htguide url

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"