X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • impulse
    • Jan 2009

Seas Excel Coax (C16N001/F)

Hi.

I'm considering to bulid a speaker using the Seas Excel Coax. Has anybody tried it? Madisound have a documented kit (pdf-file) that may do the trick.

This is an expensive driver so I would really like to hear if someone has some comments before I order five of them....

In a conventional speakersdesign, one should always keep the baffel-with exactly the same to get the X-over to work correctly. As far as I understand, you may alter the baffle heigt as long as the width and driver-placement stays as the same. In the coax-design from Madison I'll need to reduse the depth due to the intended placement of the speaker in my livingroom. To keep the volume I'll have to make the width (or hight) bigger. Will this be ok, or do I need another x-over?
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Just saw that Seas is releasing a new Excel-line coax. Seems pretty interesting, hopefully it will be followed by a W22 variant. :B They're also hinting about an upcoming subwoofer! :P http://www.seas.no/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1&limit=1&li mitstart=0 (http://www.seas.no/index.php?option=com_frontpage

Seas has a coaxial driver, madisound offers a turnkey kit with crossover board included. http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1696 Can anybody share any details about this driver, or what their impressions of it are? I hope I'm not breaking any rules, as I am aware that this is a retail link....

It would be helpful if you'd explain where/how you're going to use these. Having that info would make it easier to answer your XO questions.
    Last edited by theSven; 18 August 2023, 09:51 Friday. Reason: Update htguide urls

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• impulse
      • Jan 2009

Well, in short, I'm going to use 3 (or maybe 5) of them with my TV (plasma) together with a sub (allready in place). My amp is Arcam Movie 5.1. The sub is a seald system with the PeerLess XXLS 10" (Peerless XXLS269SWR) driven by a Hypex DS 2.0. The sub has F3 = 24Hz.

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Actually I was asking for more info about your enclosure design, where it will be mounted, etc., compared to the one in the Seas pdf..

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• impulse
          • Jan 2009

My problem is that since my TV is mounted on the wall and I actually don't have any room for floorstanders, I have to mount these speakers on the wall. Distance from baffle to backwall will be typically 15-20cm (6-8 inch). Distance to side-walls are no problem (it will be over 200 cm (80 inch) on the right side and 300cm (110 inch) on the right side).

I have not designed the enclosures yet, but I'll guess they will keep the same width (6.3 inch), but be approx 15-17 inch high. Maybe I should look for another project instead?

I did intitially think of a design like the B&W FPM-series.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"