X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BIGDAWG56
    • Nov 2008

help with x-over on a mtm design

hi trying to find the right point to cross these over at. the woofers will be wired in serious to create a 8 ohm load and the tweeter is 6 ohms, sorry i forgot the woofers are dayton rs180-4 and the tweeter is a seas 27TDFC. I was going to go with Zalph BAMTM but the my onkyo will not handle a impedance lower than 6ohms. I was trying to use x-over 3 pro but the graph just didnt look right, also i want to build these without a BSC because i plan on building the box and mounting them inwall then covering with drywall i just finished my infinity simple 12 build as my first project to cover the low end. 8O thanks for helping a noob
  • BIGDAWG56
    • Nov 2008

Here is my crossover design for my mtm inwall design someone please take a look and tell me if im on the right path.
    Attached Files

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Might want to take a look at the Modula MTM, NatP, and NatP in-wall in the Missions Accomplished section. These use the shielded RS180 but the basics of the crossover design are similar for the RS180-4 due to the cone breakup...So a second order design probably isn't the best choice for these metal cone drivers.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"