X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dlneubec
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Weak bass is often the description given when a driver or drivers are out of phase, causing significant cancellations.

If it does not get better with time and/or a change of room placement does not help, you might want to check to see that your polarity is correct into and through the crossover and on each of the woofers.
    Dan N.

Comment

• aqus
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Jed
      Thanks for the great review and you just wait, the bass will come to life after the suspensions of the RS180s break in more. The mids will also open up.

Congrats on a great build. Man you really cranked these things out, too. That was fast!
      Now I am bored... when are the S1 ready

As for the Amp. I have a Yamaha RX-V863 receiver. If I don't really crank it up and don't push the amp will having a Emotiva pure amp really make a difference?

Comment

• aqus
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by dlneubec
        Weak bass is often the description given when a driver or drivers are out of phase, causing significant cancellations.

If it does not get better with time and/or a change of room placement does not help, you might want to check to see that your polarity is correct into and through the crossover and on each of the woofers.
        I checked my wiring many times and seem correct. I will try looking at the woofers as they play to see which way they are moving. Or I do a quick battery test, can this damage speakers, if done with 1.5v battery and keep conected for less than a second? I think it is just me, and like Jed said let the suspension loosen up a little. It seems like the woofers are not moving much unless I crank it up quite a bit.

Comment

• dlneubec
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

The battery test will not hurt the woofers.
          Dan N.

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Oh yes a dedicated power amp will make a difference regardless of how your pushing the speakers.

Comment

• Jed
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by aqus
              Now I am bored... when are the S1 ready

Working on it. Should have a crossover mapped out this weekend... then I'll begin the listening and tweaking.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"