X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wolfsvein
    • Jan 2009

JSD Sound

I'm trying to find out more about this company and haven't been able to find anything about them. I have a couple of there terminal crossover and I'm trying to figure out what the crossover point is for them. JSD JX-600 but the place I got them from said they were 4ohm and 3000K crossover point I don't think they are because they don't match what the coils and caps should be. On the tweeter it has a 4uf cap and .55mf coil. The woofer has a 3.3uf cap but unable to determine the coil mf. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edit by moderator to add this information posted by the OP on another forum
    I got some crossover terminal from allelectronics.com and said that the crossovers I have are for 4ohm 3000K crossover. I read somewhere else that these were 8 ohm rates.........I'm pairing it up with a 8ohm tweeter and and 8 ohm woofer. Thanks for the help in advanced.
    Last edited by ThomasW; 20 January 2009, 21:42 Tuesday.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

4 Ohms. Crossover @ 3kHz.
    Low-pass: 12db
    High-pass: 12db
    Mounted on a cup, fits 2.9" x 2.15" cutout. 2.65" deep. Quality capacitors, coils and gold-plated metal 5-way binding posts. 16AWG leads.

Do you own any test equipment?

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• wolfsvein
      • Jan 2009

no I don't but the one thing it missing that it doesn't have in the picture is that white thing on the right. The only thing I do have is a multi meter.

Comment

• ---k---
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2005

the white thing on the right is a resistor.

the promise of DIY being 5x better than what you can buy is rarely realized with prebuilt crossovers like the one you purchased. often, the results are less satisfactory than retail speakers.

testing, measurements, and custom crossovers are the path to speakers performing 5x better than retail speakers. See some of the mission accomplished threads for an example of the process.
        Last edited by ---k---; 21 January 2009, 13:29 Wednesday.
        - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
        CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
        CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

JSD SOUND DESIGN INC
          2063 AVENIDA DEL CANADA
          ROWLAND HEIGHTS, CA 91748
          Phone: (626) 468-3836
          sales@jsdsound.com
          Product & Services:
          Durable Goods
          Importers

or

J S D Sound Design Incorporated
          2720 Pomona Blvd
          Pomona, CA 91768
          (909) 468-3836

More info at the bottom if this page

Just a little info about the maker of the speaker components JSD Sound. They have been around for over 20 years making a little known high quality product. Both custom one off creations and from their standard catalog they make audiophile quality systems. Fit, finish and performance all above the standard mass produced items...
          I've been in the audio business and a DIY audio hobby builder for 45yrs. I've never heard of this company. Looking at the pictures the products appear to be low end generics, manufactured by one of the large bulk loudspeaker build houses in China or the Pacific Rim.

If you have the ability to run a frequency sweep, hook a woofer up first to one set of leads then the other. This will tell you where the crossover points are using your drivers.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• dawg1161
            • May 2006

I have this same crossover. I purchased from the Ebay seller Mavin some time ago..The crossover came with 2 Cerwin Vega (JSD Sound) 8" woffers and a Cerwin Vega tweeter. It was to be housed in a 2cft tower with a 2" ID 6" long port...
            I was told that the crossover was 2300hz. ? But who knows and i don't have any test equipment to test anything as well.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"