X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonniebravo
    • May 2005

Sub Box Stuffing...?

I have a 15" Tempest-X sub loaded in a Cabinet just over 200L (7.5cu/ft to allow for bracing),the cabinet is sealed.On the Diycable web site they state, 200L(7cu/ft) sealed with 100% poly-fill.I don't have poly-fill nor do I have test equipment. I do have fiberglass Insulation that is 10" thick. Is there any way to determine how much to fill the box with. Also, should the fill be stuffed inside or should It line the walls? Thanks....Jon
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Stuff sealed boxes

0.5-1.5lbs/cu ft

Link from our reference pages
    To do this method one needs..... 1) a power amp, or receiver 2) a DMM (preferably a TrueRMS unit) 3) a method of generating low frequency sine waves (tone generators are easiest) 4) a approx 100watt, 20 ohm power resistor (there's latitude with this value, so just get close). To test the tuning frequency of a ported
    Last edited by theSven; 17 August 2023, 01:14 Thursday. Reason: Update htguide url

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Jonniebravo
      • May 2005

Check out the link,most helpful.....thanks

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"