X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deucelee
    • Nov 2008

Statements build, very rough initial design ideas

mark lammert's thread has really got me excited about the statements...

jim, curt and others...

the ideas that I'm considering are

1. mark's dual port setup on the back
    2. 6 inch pvc for the mid chambers
    3. about 66" total height, not as high as mark's, but 6 inches more then the originals (height added to the upper portion)
    4. more volume then the original design as curt said it was ok in mark's thread, i want that little extra low end extension...will not be as much as marks, but a little more
    5. curved designed similar to doug's...CD 4T build...of course the face width will stay the same...

the question is:

1. since the space volume won't be symmetrical above and below the tweeters like marks (since it's not super tall), could i still do the two rear ports? or will having the different volume differences for the two RS woofers not be a good idea? or am i thinking too much and this isn't that big if a deal?
    Last edited by theSven; 15 August 2023, 14:08 Tuesday. Reason: Update htguide url and text
  • Curt C
    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by deucelee
    the question is:

1. since the space volume won't be symmetrical above and below the tweeters like marks (since it's not super tall), could i still do the two rear ports? or will having the different volume differences for the two RS woofers not be a good idea? or am i thinking too much and this isn't that big if a deal?
    Yes, two ports should be fine. The two woofers share essentially the same enclosure volume, so differences between the woofers will be minimal, assuming sufficient 'breathing room' (which there should be) either side of the mid tunnels. Using 6" PVC for the mid tunnels will be something of an unknown, but since they have a very similar area as the square version, I don't expect any audible differences. Assuming of course, they are lined as in the original Statements.

C
    Curt's Speaker Design Works

Comment

• deucelee
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Curt C
      Yes, two ports should be fine. The two woofers share essentially the same enclosure volume, so differences between the woofers will be minimal, assuming sufficient 'breathing room' (which there should be) either side of the mid tunnels. Using 6" PVC for the mid tunnels will be something of an unknown, but since they have a very similar area as the square version, I don't expect any audible differences. Assuming of course, they are lined as in the original Statements.

C
      yes, since it's a pvc pipe, the breathing should increase a decent amount...and since i'm doing a curve, i'm expanding sides out about an inch (possibly 2), this should give an extra inch of breathing room on each side of the pvc's around the middle...

the area difference between the standard design and the pvc is 3.27 sq in (28.27 - 25)...so i'm also assuming there shouldn't be a difference, even with the 1 inch lining of the foam on the sides...

the front baffle width will be kept the same, the distance between the woofers will be kept the same...

i'm thinking about dropping all of the woofers/tweeters/mids about two inches down...that way it could add just a tad more volume to the upper section and slightly balance things out...

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"