X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digital desire
    • Dec 2006

2' cube: One maelsrtrom or 2 MJ-18M's??

Help me decide, I never was good at the modeling thing.
    I already have an ep2500 and bassis EQ for sealed goodness. Right now I have a 12" sealed tc 2000, and I am asking way too much off it - to the point the cone (no longer available) is getting distorted around the edges. So I need to freshen up the bottom end, and got my Wife to agree to a cube about 2' in size.
    I would like to go low as possible, but total output from 20 -50 is probably the better goal.

So two MJ-18M's? The kicker is that it would be about the same price as the single maelstrom.

Peter
    Syracuse, N.Y.
  • deucelee
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by digital desire
    Help me decide, I never was good at the modeling thing.
    I already have an ep2500 and bassis EQ for sealed goodness. Right now I have a 12" sealed tc 2000, and I am asking way too much off it - to the point the cone (no longer available) is getting distorted around the edges. So I need to freshen up the bottom end, and got my Wife to agree to a cube about 2' in size.
    I would like to go low as possible, but total output from 20 -50 is probably the better goal.

So two MJ-18M's? The kicker is that it would be about the same price as the single maelstrom.

http://www.diycable.com/main/product...roducts_id=681
    why not do 2 ixl 18's? :W

from what i hear, the ixl's are a big leap over the mj's...lower fs too...

it's probably about a good $150 more for two though...ofcoruse it's going to need a bigger box...

but to answer your question, if that's what you got to work with, it's a toughie...it's a toss up for me...

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"