X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • timmay1969
    • Dec 2005

Monitor Statements -SAAAWEEET!

I have my monitors up and running and I am just blown away! They sound fanfrickintastic. But, its seems that one is about 3db quieter than the other. I have moved them to multiple positions with the same result.
    Could I have something wrong in the crossover?

I have balanced the levels between the two in my preamp with help of my db meter and they ROCK! Still deciding on which veneer to go with.

My thanks to the designers and a few people who were extremely patient with my dumb questions. ;x(
  • Xander
    • Dec 2007

3db is quite a bit...I assume you used the exact same method/amount of stuffing in the two?

Have you tried different speakers on the same amp with the same settings?

Are they 3db off in the entire range or only specific parts of the FR?

Comment

• Jim Holtz
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by timmay1969
      I have my monitors up and running and I am just blown away! They sound fanfrickintastic. But, its seems that one is about 3db quieter than the other. I have moved them to multiple positions with the same result.
      Could I have something wrong in the crossover?

I have balanced the levels between the two in my preamp with help of my db meter and they ROCK! Still deciding on which veneer to go with.

My thanks to the designers and a few people who were extremely patient with my dumb questions. ;x(
      Excellent! I'm glad you're enjoying them. :T

Try switching the speakers and see if the 3 DB drop follows one. If it does, take a very careful look at that crossover.

Jim

Comment

• timmay1969
        • Dec 2005

I was very careful in the amount of stuffing used, can't say the same for me on Thanksgiving.
        The 3db drop does follow the speaker around my setup. I will check the crossover asap. Thanks guys.
        Enjoying them is not the word for it. I like them as much as my aerials. Seriously!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"