X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • froste
    • Oct 2008

ARTA, how are you using it?

I've got ARTA up and running, have been able to get measurement with FR1, IMP, FR2 and STEPS, and make FRD files. However I would like to know how others are setting ARTA up and taking measurements.

Do you use FR1, FR2, Steps, IMP, settings for each, how do you scale your frd files, or not. Mic setup, type of testing, etc. I'd realy like some feedback on how others are using this software.

Thanks.
    Ed

• Paul Ebert
    • May 2004

I'm trying to get it set up, starting with trying to take impedance measurements. I'm using the (very inexpensive) Behringer UCA202 USB soundcard. It appears that the right input is dead as I cannot calibrate.

Which soundcard are you using? Looks like I'm going to have to buy a new one

I can't wait to get to the point you are!

Comment

• froste
      • Oct 2008

Sorry, I have not tried to do impedance measurements using ARTA, I've got WT3, which I use for impedance measurements. Might want to look at this site http://soundhobby.com/measurementsystem.htm it has some good info about using ARTA.
      Ed

Comment

• Dennis H
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Aug 2002

The E-MU Tracker looks hard to beat. Not exactly cheap but it's hard to find a combo of specs and features as good at any price.

Comment

• MuaDibb
          • Oct 2006

The M-Audio Mobile Pre works well and is a little cheaper.

Earn 8% in rewards w/free Backstage Pass membership on all pro audio equipment from signal processors to lighting & stage effects to headphones and software.
          Last edited by MuaDibb; 15 December 2008, 14:36 Monday.
          Ultimately all things are known because we want to believe we know.

Zensunni Wanderer

Comment

• MuaDibb
            • Oct 2006

Froste, I'm using ARTA (the free version) and I've wondered the same thing, I'm getting measurements, but are they accurate?

I'm pretty close, just over in L-burg, maybe we could get together and do some measurements, compare what you're getting to what I'm getting.

Also, Robert from the PE forum is in L-ville and was wanting to do the same thing, although he uses SE. Might be useful to see how measurements compare to ones taken on his rig.
            Ultimately all things are known because we want to believe we know.

Zensunni Wanderer

Comment

• froste
              • Oct 2008

Good Idea MuaDibb, I've been thinking about hosting a Kentucky DIY group meeting at my place. I think I will post a note here and on the PE board and see when in Jan 2009 people could come and how many.
              Ed

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"