X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mpotoka
    • Sep 2007

Dayton Driver Price Increase

Is it just me or was there a very recent price increase on Dayton Drivers from Parts Express? We might need to update prices on the the "Most Popular Designs" thread....
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by mpotoka
    Is it just me or was there a very recent price increase on Dayton Drivers from Parts Express? We might need to update prices on the the "Most Popular Designs" thread....

Yeah, pretty much everything is more costly since a few months ago.

Comment

• cjd
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Dec 2004

Copper and aluminum have both been going up in price. Enough that people are doing things like destroying power lines and selling the copper...
      diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

I've been hearing that aluminum prices are going down soon.

Comment

• Jed
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by cjd
          Copper and aluminum have both been going up in price. Enough that people are doing things like destroying power lines and selling the copper...
          My neighbor told me some people are stealing the old manhole covers in a few cities as well. Craziness. If it's true.

Comment

• Dennis H
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Aug 2002

Metal prices, just like gas prices, are way down lately. But it takes a while for manufactured product prices to catch up with commodity prices. Thieves, well nobody ever accused them of being the brightest bulbs on the tree.

Recent copper trends:

Comment

• joetama
              • May 2006

A few years back we had a guy climb about 250ft on one of our 500ft communications towers and started hacking up 1" 5/8 coax with a hatchet for the copper. Don't know why he didn't try for the 1000' spool that was sitting on the ground.
              -Joe

Comment

• Bent
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2003

I laugh ('cause cryin' aint worth it), I work for the Power utility here in Manitoba, I get first hand reports of severe burns and gruesome deaths due to copper thefts in energized stations.
                I'd fully support the public relations dept if they would provide to the media some of the accident photos I have to review. It's caused me to lose sleep.

Comment

• Hank
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jul 2002

Copper and aluminum have plummetted lately. Our metals commodity manager updates us weekly. Many raw materials have dropped farther than they did during the "great" depression. PE's reason for increases, I'm sure, is that their current inventory was probably manufactured months ago when steel, aluminum and particularly copper, were sky-high. IF current materials cost continue where they are or even a bit higher, I expect PE to lower prices to below what the were last year. BUT, the "Sticky Price" theory says that prices tend to stay at an increased level longer than justifiable, so we'll see what happens - strange economic times we're in.

Comment

• impala454
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2007

We had a round of problems down here where thieves were stealing cats off of cars for the small amount of platinum inside them. People would come out to their car after shopping and it would simply be cut out and removed.
                    -Chuck

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"