X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • timmay1969
    • Dec 2005

Replacement Inductor?

3.5mH 18 AWG I Core Inductor is backordered from parts express until Jan/15.

Does anyone know of a replacement I can use or a trusted company from which to order from?

I am going off the rails waiting... I can't wait to finish my Statement Monitors. 8O
  • TacoD
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2004

madisound?

Comment

• Jim Holtz
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by timmay1969
      3.5mH 18 AWG I Core Inductor is backordered from parts express until Jan/15.

Does anyone know of a replacement I can use or a trusted company from which to order from?

I am going off the rails waiting... I can't wait to finish my Statement Monitors. 8O
      THIS one from Meniscus will work perfectly. They've been a sponsor of the Iowa DIY and are an excellent company to do business with.

Madisound is also always a good choice and another sponsor of the Iowa DIY event. :T

Both companies will do custom inductors at very reasonable prices too.

Jim

Comment

• timmay1969
        • Dec 2005

Thanks fellas!

Comment

• deucelee
          • Nov 2008

don't mean to hijack your thread but how do you know the bounds of what to replace a out of stock inductor?

i'm trying to order a .27 14 gauge perfect layer air coil inductor but PE is out of stock...could i go with a 15 guage .25 jantzen air coil inductor instead? the DCR is a little higher with the jantzen

thanks!

edit: these are for the modula MT's

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Were you to post the DCR specs of what you found it would be easier to answer the question.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• deucelee
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ThomasW
              Were you to post the DCR specs of what you found it would be easier to answer the question.
              perfect layer is .09 ohms vs .14 ohms for the jantzen...

thanks

Comment

• ThomasW
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

It's ok to use

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• deucelee
                  • Nov 2008

thanks tom

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"