X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amphiprion
    • Apr 2006

Big favor needed

Hey guys,

I'm looking for an analog source selector IC. Something that takes 3 or more stereo inputs, and outputs one of the stereo signals. A Sanyo LC7821 is what is used in my more than decade-old receiver, but it is discontinued.

If someone doesn't mind popping open their modern A/V receiver and looking for the chip used to select among the stereo audio input sources (might be in that area of the PC board where the inputs are), I would REALLY appreciate it. All I've been able to find so far is a few parts made by NJR and the data sheets don't include a lot of info on performance (no THD vs. input level plots, although they claim <.01% at 1Vrms in the performance table).

I do have some old but unused Audax tweeters I could send as a thank-you gift to anyone who helps me identify a good chip for my needs. Thanks!
  • TacoD
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2004

Unfortunate my amplifier uses relays. Did you tried this question on diyaudio?

Comment

• Amphiprion
      • Apr 2006

Yep, I've got a thread over there too.

What kind of relays does it use btw?

Comment

• cjd
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Dec 2004

Twisted Pear Audio offers their Darwin source selector - not sure if it fits the bill?

I use their Joshua Tree relay based attenuator and love it.
        diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

They are supposed to be coming out with a universal controller as well with LCD support amongst other things.

Comment

• Drew
            • Nov 2005

You're looking for a differential analog mux (assuming that you want to switch balanced sources and/or eliminate ground loops for sources that are not selected). It just so happens that I was looking for the very same thing recently. I needed higher voltages, so my selection was pretty limited, but I ran across a number of interesting things.

Maxim seemed to offer the most choices in this area. Since you're only interested in line level signals, anything in their 5V family should be fine. Depending on how you design your circuit, you may care about the on state resistance. A few of the options had things in the low ohms range. If you buffer then this shouldn't matter. Hope this helps a bit.

A lot of audio gear does seem to use relays, though. They'll be very low impedance, but I'm not sure that that matters all that much. You can find FETs with single digit milliohm impedances if you care about that.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"