X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobhowell
    • Jul 2008

Small in the wall rear design??

I want to built an in the wall set for my HT.

I have made 3 ZBM4 and 3 Zaph HVI W5/Vifa D27. I have parts for 4 more ZBM4 for gifts.

What designs work "in the wall"?

I have looked at the PE Showcase set this Fall.

Also curious just how you would adapt a design. What have people done?

Thanks

Bob
  • bobhowell
    • Jul 2008

Does anyone do this. I thought I had seen post about this somewhere; Designs that can be adapted.

Comment

• ---k---
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2005

You didn't give people much time to respond.

It is done. CJD just did some big 3-way inwalls for his theater. Probably in the summer, we're going to do some mid-size in-wall 3-ways for my rears. So you're not crazy with the idea.

There is an in-wall crossover for both the ModulaMT and NatP. Beyond that, there aren't many in-wall designs here or that I know of on the net.
      - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
      CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
      CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• HareBrained
        • Jul 2008

Any design can be adapted. Essentially, the effects of the BSC need to be removed.

I've been able to reverse engineer a couple of Zaph designs to have the model reflect his in-box measurements. If you were to do the same with whatever design you liked, you could then model without the BSC and net an in-wall design with a similar frequency response. There's no reason the ZBM4 couldn't be your starting point.

You need to state your L/C/R speakers so the people can recommend similar designs that might integrate with your system.
        John

Comment

• cjd
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Dec 2004

Modeling backwards to an in-wall concept is as tricky as any minimum phase modeling project - results can vary widely based on how close you get on all the parameters you probably have to guesstimate at (like z-axis offset).

How big do you want your in-walls to be?
          diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• bobhowell
            • Jul 2008

I have the Zaph HI-VI 5/Vifa as L/R/C. I was thinking of the ZBM4 as "in the wall", as rear speakers. Zaph has a crossover without BSC I can use.

Do I need to stay with the baffle dimensions, as it will be close to flush. I know I can make it longer ,..but wider? How to get the volume is the question.

Just what matters?

Thanks
            Bob

Comment

• alias2
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by bobhowell
              Zaph has a crossover without BSC I can use.
              Bob
              There only seems to be a reduced BSC option ? not one with no BSC at all ?
              The more flush it is the more you can ignore the baffle dimensions. /alias2.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"