X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joetama
    • May 2006

New Oscilloscope?

I'm looking for a new oscilloscope. Mine is an ancient Tektronix Type 422 and the trace is getting super weak. It is to the point where I have to turn off all the lights in the room to use it. It's also showing some distortion on the faster trace speeds. I got it about 10 years ago for $10. So its had a good life before me and with me.

Anyway, I'm looking for something to replace it. I was looking at buying a new Tektronix TDS1001B since they are only $900. But, I really don't want to spend that much money.

Are there any good used O-Scopes (preferably newer) that are in the $300- $500 range?

Thanks
    -Joe
  • Ray_D
    • Apr 2005

Joe

There are many good used Tek scopes on ebay for that price. I have an old 453 that works fine which I spent less than $100 on.

Good Luck

Ray

Comment

• joetama
      • May 2006

Thanks Ray I will do some looking on there...
      -Joe

Comment

• JoshK
        • Mar 2005

Could it just be a weak tube (CRT)? Maybe you need a new bulb. Is your o-silly-scope tube or SS? If it is tube, lemme know, as it can be useful for tube amp parts.

Comment

• chasw98
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Look at a Tek 2236. Has a freq counter and dvm built in. I find them all the time between $250 and $400.

Comment

• Curt C
            • Feb 2005

You can get a Tektronix TDS210 refurbished for less than $800.00. We use the slightly faster TDS220 in the avionics shop and probably have 50 of them out there. They are far more versatile/capable than their analog ancestors. Nearly bullet proof; almost no failures in the years we've had them. Their light weight and small size (I call them shoebox scopes) makes them very portable as well.

C
            Curt's Speaker Design Works

Comment

• TacoD
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by JoshK
              Could it just be a weak tube (CRT)? Maybe you need a new bulb. Is your o-silly-scope tube or SS? If it is tube, lemme know, as it can be useful for tube amp parts.
              Not so long time back I dissembled a tek tube scope. Lot's of tubes, also good brands.

Comment

• Ray_D
                • Apr 2005

I agree with Curt that digital is better if you can justify the price. Check out ebay iten number 250314799481 for $650.

Ray

Comment

• joetama
                  • May 2006

Maybe I'll get a digital one next time.

I found a great deal on a Instek GOS-620, thanks to one of my friends.

Thanks for the input. That Tek on ebay looks good, but paying $200 for a brand new scope I couldn't say no.
                  -Joe

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"