X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jagman
    • Aug 2008

Statement Line Photos

OK guys... I was thinking it would be nice to go to one place and see what kind of potential is out there. Here is a chance for those of you who have made any of speakers in the Statement line to show off your work. Stereo pairs. Home theaters. The works. Please post 'em all :T.
  • Jim Holtz
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

It seems appropriate that I should start off I guess. The statements picture is in my listening/home theater room which I have a terrible time getting a decent picture in. The carpet is burgundy rather than red. The Mini's are upstairs in my living room.

Jim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jim Holtz; 17 November 2008, 07:36 Monday.

Comment

• Finleyville
      • Sep 2006

Did you just vacuum your carpet so you could take that pic? haha...

Seriously, I am sure the only thing better than how those look is the way they sound. You did an excellent job. :T
      BE ALERT! The world needs more lerts.

Comment

• jagman
        • Aug 2008

Thanks Jim . I love the black. Simply gorgeous. Anybody else? I know you're out there .

Comment

• impala454
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2007

Jim are those monitors sitting in the lower right hand corner?? Mind snapping a couple pics of them too?

I'd post mine but yeah... MDF isn't one of the finishes of choice :B
          -Chuck

Comment

• Jim Holtz
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Thanks for the very kind remarks everyone. I appreciate it!

Monitors added to the previous post.

Jim

Comment

• shame302
              • Apr 2008

horrible pic of mine incomplete in my sig...i need to update that.
              Psudo HTPC, Nuforce AVP 16, Emotiva XPA 5, Statements mains and center, Dayton in wall rears, Twin Tempest X 7CUFT sealed, and very cool and understanding wife!

Comment

• wackii
                • Jan 2006

Here is the Center that I built a few months ago.

Comment

• dian1511
                  • Oct 2008

wakii

Do you have how you finished your speaker anywhere on the forum? That is a beautiful finish. If not posted anywhere else, might you share with us how you finished the speaker? Was it a certain kind of black paint? How did you get it so polished?

Darren :T

Comment

• wackii
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by dian1511
                    wakii

Do you have how you finished your speaker anywhere on the forum? That is a beautiful finish. If not posted anywhere else, might you share with us how you finished the speaker? Was it a certain kind of black paint? How did you get it so polished?

Darren :T
                    I think it's probably in my build thread.

Wackii Statement Center

Or at AVS thread post #611:

Comment

• cobblepots
                      • May 2008

Well, finally got a chance to upload my pictures of the statments. i had a picture of the monitor but don't know where it went... It is identical to the center.

The black is a lacquer that was sprayed on from a can. The pictures don't do it justice, you can see a reflection in in very well. (my camera had dust on the lens so focusing was a bit tough apparently... ops I used primer and sanded it down with 120, 220, and 600 grit. Then I sprayed on the lacquer and let it sit for 2 weeks before touching it. I decided that it was already reflective enough to not need to polish.

The veneer is a block mottled Makore. I used 3 coats of Tung oil and 3 coats of poly on top.

The overall finish is very nice. However, I will not do this method again. It was a pain. Very labor intensive. Instead, I'll probably use a cheaper veneer such as Oak in the future and wraping it all the way around. Overall though, I'm very satisfied with the results.

Sound wise, these things are amazing! I can't believe what I've been missing all this time in my movies and music. Many thanks to Jim and Curt for designing these speakers.

On a side note, it looks like my tweeter is askew. Hopefully it's not just the picture. I'll have to take a look at that later.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• acex008
                        • Dec 2008

I see an NES system in there!!! BADA$$!!! :-D

Comment

• Jed
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by acex008
                          I see an NES system in there!!! BADA$$!!! :-D

Those speakers are just gorgeous.

Comment

• cobblepots
                            • May 2008

Thanks, I'm extremely happy with the way they turned out. Only took me 6 months! Note to self, don't try and do 5 speakers at the same time AND do night school...

Comment

• Jed
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by cobblepots
                              Thanks, I'm extremely happy with the way they turned out. Only took me 6 months! Note to self, don't try and do 5 speakers at the same time AND do night school...
                              Well just think about how much you saved yourself over buying retail! A finish like that would be VERY expensive to do. Plus I'm sure the sound is about as good as anything you're going to find short of some of the mega buck stuff.

Comment

• cobblepots
                                • May 2008

The best thing about it, the finish is completely personalized which I love. No one will ever (at least I doubt it) have the exact same setup as me! These certaintly put to shame every speaker in best buys "magnolia room" :T

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"