X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgveteran
    • Oct 2005

The Spica TC-50

What was it about this triangle shape speaker that sounded so good. I owned a apair for some time , but sold them off due to their lack of dynamics with HT.

Has anyone ever replicated that design here ?

Kg
    Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !
  • Habs4life
    • Apr 2006

Probably their unorthidox minimum phase xover.IIRC it used a 4th order bessel on the woofer and a 1st order on the tweet.Ofcourse the baffle was tilted to add the needed delay.

Comment

• h-bar
      • Nov 2006

I've often wondered whether their excellent imaging resulted from the unusual quasi-minimum phase crossover, the tilted front baffle which might cause diffraction generated sounds to be spread out over time, or the absorptive blanket used to cover the baffle---or some combination of all three. The drivers weren't particularly exotic so it seems the implementation had to be the key.

I think the TC-50s were real classics. I was tempted to start naming a few other speakers I consider to be classics but then realized I'd be guilty of steering the thread off topic...

Comment

• davey_m
        • Nov 2008

By tilting the baffle the Spica also had a better power response than speakers with vertical baffles. Speakers like that lift the reverberant field and offer a bigger off axis listening area.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"