X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • razor
    • Oct 2008

Statements Work Well w/Polk?

hi guys,

first off - awesome site! I've been lurking for awhile now, and have enjoyed reading and learning very much.

here's my question - are speakers in the Statement series safe to blend with a Polk center channel?

I need to upgrade my front L/R speakers, and I really like what I see/read of the Statements. I cant afford to do a full speaker replacement - C/L/R - and I'm still very happy with my Polk CSi3 center channel. would the blended sound from the Statements and the Polk be good?

thanks a ton
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

It would probably work ok until you felt comfortable building the center.

Comment

• NateTTU
      • Jul 2007

Razor,

I will second what Dougie said, just go ahead and build the statements and then later down the road when you save up a little money build the center as well. Once you build the statements and begin listening you will know what you've been missing and you won't want to do anything other than upgrade that polk center.

Comment

• impala454
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2007

Razor, I don't think it would be safe. As soon as you plugged in the L/R and listened to them, you'd instantly be ready to build the center. So I don't think it would be safe... for your wallet!
        -Chuck

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

He could make due.

Comment

• impala454
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2007

It was a joke bud

Razor, the Statements are some awesome speakers, I have a 5.1 setup and built them a couple at a time and was very pleased with them, even when I only had a couple and mixed them with my older speakers. Definitely a recommended and popular design.
            -Chuck

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

I know it was

Comment

• razor
                • Oct 2008

awesome - thanks guys!

looking forward to building the Statements so much...

Comment

• shame302
                  • Apr 2008

Personally I'd run a phantom Statement setup before I integrated in a Polk center.

You could always try it out for yourself, but I would be very suprised if it integrated well. Scenes shifting across the front soundstage won't really be seamless. A negative aspect however for running phantom would be for off center listening. While I am a big advocate for a center, I'm an even bigger advocate for (atleast) the front soundstange being matched.

Worst case scenario you try it out and don't like it, and then you can do 1 of two things:

1: Run a phantom setup
                  2: (Ideally) built a Statement Center. Selling the current center will also help with funding

Side note, if you are capable of building the Statements, you should have no issue building the center. These are absolutely some awesome speakers.
                  Psudo HTPC, Nuforce AVP 16, Emotiva XPA 5, Statements mains and center, Dayton in wall rears, Twin Tempest X 7CUFT sealed, and very cool and understanding wife!

Comment

• Inu_Yasha
                    • May 2006

I would have to agree with the others in that once you build your own pair of speakers, you'll be inclined to building the whole set (I have the Nat P's right now with a polk center and the difference is night and day).

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"