X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LING GOWA
    • Dec 2007

Zalph advice on Seas all aluminum

I will be using the PE gloss black curved cabs for this and as you know there is not much room on the back for a nice looking port. I wouldn't try to counter sink one there anyway. I'm no cabinet maker and I'm afraid that I would screw it up. So, here is my question. Is there any problem using two 1.5'' ports at 8.9'' in length? I'm looking forward to finishing these and I want to make sure they look and sound great.
    This is what I've done in Bass Box Pro:

Website
  • jkrutke
    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by LING GOWA
    I will be using the PE gloss black curved cabs for this and as you know there is not much room on the back for a nice looking port. I wouldn't try to counter sink one there anyway. I'm no cabinet maker and I'm afraid that I would screw it up. So, here is my question. Is there any problem using two 1.5'' ports at 8.9'' in length? I'm looking forward to finishing these and I want to make sure they look and sound great.
    First, It's Zaph, not Zalph. :B

Two ports would be fine. Even a single 1.5" would be fine if you use one that has a flare on the inside also. I often use a couple 260-402 cut to half length and glued or taped end to end. The flare radius is small but it really does help the chuffing a surprising amount. A little flare goes a long way compared to a sharp edge.
    Zaph|Audio

Comment

• LING GOWA
      • Dec 2007

Hi John,
      Much thanks for this design. I gave it an initial listen and it sounds very good indeed. I noticed on your site that you don't consider this a best effort, well it's a pretty darn good one.
      Website

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"