X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Newfiestang50
    • Mar 2006

Statement Center biuld with Solen components

Hello forum, I am starting my research in an attempt to build the Statement center and was wondering if anyone have built this design using all components from solen.ca. I know most people are using the partsexpress woofers and the mid and tweeter from madisound but considering the high shipping costs from US to Canada I am trying to stay within Canada for parts to keep the cost down. If however there isn't anyone that has built this speaker using the solen components I will have to bit the bullet and order from partsexpress. I recently built a sonotube sub using the Soundsplinter driver and am totaly impressed with this sub.
    I guess I should also mention that my front mains are PSB stratus golds so I would like to match these as closely as possible. I notice that Solen do stock the Vifa line of drivers which I believe is what the golds use so I am kind of interested in these for the center build. Anyway, any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

It's a different speaker requiring a different crossover when different drivers are used. If you have the ability to design and test your own crossovers it maybe possible to come close to what Curt and Co. have done with the Statements...otherwise I suggest you bite the bullet and buy the drivers used in the original design.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Newfiestang50
      • Mar 2006

Ok, thats what I thought. Thanks

Comment

• Jed
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Newfiestang50
        Ok, thats what I thought. Thanks
        I have a stockpile of new W4-1337s, so if you want to buy them from me I can ship to Canada and save you some money on shipping through USPS. Just shoot me a PM.

Jed

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"