what would you do? HT in a box alternative...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shame302
    • Apr 2008

what would you do? HT in a box alternative...

I'm considering venturing into another build eventually. I'm interested in a smallish 5.1 setup. the speakers would have to be relatively efficient (must be receiver friendly, and were not talking high end here) as well as inexpensive. it would just be a little system to watch movies with in the bedroom at times. I'm fairly confident that there exists builds that could easily equal anything you can buy at BB or CC etc.....for much less or certainly equal cost. HT in a box would just take the fun out of it.
    Psudo HTPC, Nuforce AVP 16, Emotiva XPA 5, Statements mains and center, Dayton in wall rears, Twin Tempest X 7CUFT sealed, and very cool and understanding wife!
  • ClintonH
    • Aug 2008

I've been looking around the forum for the same thing, for my upstairs living room. An easy first build is what I'm after, this is what I found. Cheap and looks pretty easy, I hope.

Clinton
    Last edited by theSven; 18 August 2023, 09:26 Friday. Reason: Update htguide url

Comment

• Silversmoky
      • Nov 2007

These might work for you from Zaph. Small, look great, inexpensive, should have great performance. Not sure if they will be receiver friendly. Have to wait and see when he finishes the write up for them. http://zaphaudio.com/blog.html

Comment

• augerpro
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2006

Zaph's ZBM4 would be a great little speaker. As much as I like my BoseBusters they were my first design ever, so I would expect a little better overall package in Zaph's ZBM4.
        ~Brandon 8O
        Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
        Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
        DriverVault
        Soma Sonus

Comment

• tabasc07
          • Oct 2007

I was kind of in the same situation and decided to start off with something small also, as to now overwhelm myself. So I built 5 ZBM4's and they sound pretty good. These were for my small apartment living room which is roughly 16 x 12 x 8 with it opening up to the kitchen and dining room which is about 16.5 x 6 x 8. This adds up to being around 2300 ft^3 if my math is right. It fills up the place pretty well, but I think they would do a lot better in a smaller enclosed room. You should wait and try the ZMV5

For the sub, I used two of those buyout 12" subwoofers from Elemental Designs and put them in a 3.5 ft^3 ported enclosure each. That might be too big for a bedroom though.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"