Looking for a design that could be used in-wall (with pic!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nmuntz
    • Jul 2008

Looking for a design that could be used in-wall (with pic!)

I'm currently in the process of building a TV room in my basement. The room is going to be 14' x 24' with the TV on the 14 foot wall. I have plenty of room to mount a box of up to ~18" deep inside the wall. Is anyone aware of a design that could be adapted (remove BSC, move port, etc) to be flush mounted with the wall?

I'm just looking for a left and right and I'd like to keep it under $200 for drivers and crossover parts. I'll likely be using a powered sub.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2877086113_c5f583201e_b.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	869402
    Last edited by theSven; 17 August 2023, 19:09 Thursday. Reason: Update image location
  • technimac
    • Feb 2005

Well, under $200 total is a stretch, but knowing that quality speakers are the interface between your ears and the sound, I would seriously consider these two great choices:

1. The NatP onwall/inwall: ~$200 ea

Here's a shot of lexiphanic's roughed-in, ported build:

Image not available

or

2. The Modula MT onwall/inwall: ~$150 each

With some good photos of Coppba's build here:

Coppba's are sealed, but a front port would be no problem.

Now, for serious a serious budget pair, consider either:
    1. http://undefinition.googlepages.com/diy-orientexpress

Image not available

or

2. http://www.zaphaudio.com/ZBM4.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZBM4-system-1.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	948350

Both of these designs can be built inwall/onwall, but there's a compromise in SQ when doing that.

HTH, Bruce
    Last edited by theSven; 17 August 2023, 19:13 Thursday. Reason: Update image location and urls
    "While we're at it" - the four most dangerous words in Home Improvement

Comment

• shame302
      • Apr 2008

well...FWIW, i was seriously limited with options for rear surrounds. I ended up buying the dayton ultra 8" 3 ways and installing those. they actually integrate suprisingly well and im much happier with them than i thought i was going to be. i didnt have the time or budget to find and build a diy rear after the time and money spent on the mains, center and sub and these got me out of a pinch. these are good enough that i will probably keep them. they arent much more than your price point so they may be worth looking @

i still would like to diy something that matches my setup better. i was considering the nat p.
      Psudo HTPC, Nuforce AVP 16, Emotiva XPA 5, Statements mains and center, Dayton in wall rears, Twin Tempest X 7CUFT sealed, and very cool and understanding wife!

Comment

• nmuntz
        • Jul 2008

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Any ideas for finishing the hole in the drywall around the speaker enclosure?

Perhaps just some really low profile baseboard and a custom grill.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"