X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gloveridge
    • Jan 2008

replacement sub

Got to looking at my DIY sub and realized my old sub had 2 tears in it, which means I need a replacement. I have a sealed box approx 3.8 cubic feet with an overall diameter of 15 1/8" and a cutout diameter of approx 13 7/8". I would rather pick up another driver with these dimensions or close as to avoid too much modification to the box. Currently driven by Crest amp. Willing to spend up to $200ish....please give me some good suggestions!!!
  • Mike B
    • Aug 2008

Here ya go.

Comment

• gloveridge
      • Jan 2008

Yeah i did see that one. I am curious if there are any better ones available however. Even though I'd rather not modify that box too much I may have to.

Comment

• kevinp.
        • Apr 2008

Tempest X

Comment

• gloveridge
          • Jan 2008

Anyone ever use the new elemental designs subs for HT? The 16Ov.2 looks like it might work out ok dimension wise...any thoughts?

The Tempest X overall diameter is about half inch too big....I may resort to this and cutting up that box if no one else has any other suggestions...rather not tho!

Comment

• gloveridge
            • Jan 2008

So should i just go for the tempest X or should i look into any other sub possibilities?

Comment

• ThomasW
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Not really big on poly cone drivers like those from eD.....So I'd use the Tempest -X

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• gloveridge
                • Jan 2008

Forgive my ignorance but what seems to be the problem with poly cone drivers?

Comment

• ThomasW
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

They aren't as rigid (stiff) as cones made from other materials.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"