X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richard.C.
    • Mar 2008

Problem; vent option needed for ScanSpeak

Im wanting to vent a currently sealed 9ltr cabinet for my SS 15W8530k00. I have a 2" port to use, but at what length?? is the question for a 9ltr cab. Ive seen a few designs, but larger sealed cab sizes like 10lt and larger. Can anyone be of some assistance? Richard
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Download WinISD or Unibox, then enter the T/S parameters you have for the driver.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Sakura
      • Jul 2008

Usually, you would make a vented cabinet larger than a sealed one. The smaller the cabinet, the larger (longer) the vent tube needs to be. Having the vent tube on the outside of the cabinet will serve two purposes: 1) won't take away cabinet volume, 2) you can make it as large as you want.

Comment

• Richard.C.
        • Mar 2008

9ltrs makes it a largish .5Q sealed enclosure, though, just big(small enough) to convert to a vented option. I've been playing with the WinIsd beta program, i dont belive i'll have much of a problem tuning down around 40Hz with a smaller size port.

Richard.

Comment

• Mingo
          • Jul 2007

Any inspiration here?

Mingo

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"