X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cdub
    • Aug 2003

Too much power?

I have a Ascendant Audio Avalanche 15 that will be going into a 4.0 cu. ft. sealed enclosure. EQ will be via a Behringer FBQ2496.

My question is whether the EP2500 will be too much power? The reason I want to get it is that I have found it at a good price here:http://www.djdeals.com/behringerEP2500.htm Its only a bit more than other places are selling the EP1500.

My other question is on hooking up the FBQ2496. Just to confirm I'm purchasing the correct cables:

Sub out on receiver>>>

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...ble?sku=339031>>>>

Line in on Behringer FBQ2496>>>>

Line out on Behringer FBQ2496>>>>

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...ble?sku=331174

Line in On EP2500>>>> out to sub

Am I missing anything?

Thanks,
    Chris
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Given the small price difference between the 1500 and 2500, seems to me the 2500 is the way to go.

Cables are correct if you're planning on using only one channel of each device.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Cdub
      • Aug 2003

Thanks for the quick reply. Just to clarify, I am planning to run the EP2500 bridged mono (4 ohms) to the Avalanche 15. Do I need to use both channels of the FBQ2496? If so, how would I do that since the sub out is a mono signal.

I thought you would only use both channels if you were running a stereo sub configuration.

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

If you're running mono you only need one channel of the FBQ

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Dean100
          • Jan 2007

One can never have too much power. :B

Comment

• Cdub
            • Aug 2003

Thanks again Thomas.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"