Dual Subwoofer's for Theater and Music ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonniebravo
    • May 2005

Dual Subwoofer's for Theater and Music ?

I have 2 Tempest-X 15" subwoofers. In a room 12'W x 24'D x 8'H, would two 15" sub's be to much.....Jon
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

No, IMO two would be just right.... :T

to get you started ......... :B

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Jonniebravo
      • May 2005

I've spent a lot of time In the room and there Is no space at all for IB,so I believe sealed Is the direction I'm headed,Very Large...Jon

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Kevin's 160L sealed looks pretty good. Room-gain should fill in the bottom end nicely...

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Sakura
          • Jul 2008

You can't have "too much" subwoofer. You can turn it up too loud, but there's no such thing as excess CAPACITY when it comes to LFE.

Err, well, I suppose it's possible, but not likely. If you get some of those crowd control devices that play sub-audio frequencies so low that they make you spontaneously vomit, that, is excess, I suppose.

Oh, and if you got a pair of those uber subs with the fan blades that adjust the pitch with motors to accomplish bass output, that could be excessive too.

Comment

• Jonniebravo
            • May 2005

If I build two subs at 160L sealed and place them In the front corners of the theater, what designs offered In the Completed build's would match up well with the sub's ? I don't know If I'll complete my Large RS towers after considering crossover cost. I have the Dayton drivers In evey size,so I could go In any direction...Jon

Comment

• fourdegrees11
              • Aug 2008

Since your sub-bass is more then covered, you really just need something with good mid bass. Maybe the RS TMWW (sealed), or the Khanspires?
              AKA - Jay1

http://jaysspeakerpage.weebly.com/

Comment

• Jonniebravo
                • May 2005

I don't know,perhap's the smaller RS WWMT...Jon

Comment

• impala454
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Sakura
                  Err, well, I suppose it's possible, but not likely. If you get some of those crowd control devices that play sub-audio frequencies so low that they make you spontaneously vomit, that, is excess, I suppose.
                  Haha you had me rolling with this comment! :rofl:
                  -Chuck

Comment

• Jonniebravo
                    • May 2005

Being In a position of building two sub's and possibly two new towers, has anyone designed something incorporating both the sub and the tower? Corner placement and acoustic loading taken Into account...Jon

Comment

• Jonniebravo
                      • May 2005

Perhaps a pair of Natalie P's or Modula's up front.....Jon

Comment

• ThomasW
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

Like the majority of speakers the NatP or Modula are designed to be placed ~24" away from any boundry.

Placing a speaker in a corner creates a situation where the crossover needs to be modified.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Jonniebravo
                          • May 2005

I would like to take advantage of or tailor my speakers to the room. The situation Is that I'm unable to evaluate or measure room responses In the way you guy's are able to. In the low end ,I would like to utilize the coupling properties of close bountry effects for bass, yet find a way to keep mid's unaffected. Given the T/S Info for the Dayton drivers I plan to use, exact room size, and exact placement of one of the proven designs on the site, would It be possable to get help designing or modeling something for my room?...Jon

Comment

• ThomasW
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2000

Given the T/S Info for the Dayton drivers I plan to use,
                            What drivers are you planning on using?

Post a graphic of the floorplan including the placement of all the furniture, speaker locations etc.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• Jonniebravo
                              • May 2005

I'll try to post that Info this evening,thanks....Jon

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"