X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mayhem13
    • May 2008

Waveguide TM Build Help

Some have probobly read my earlier posts where i shared my ideas and visions of grandeur. After researching a bit and listening to your critsizisms, i'm a little more grounded and would like to take some small steps that are more realistic for my first mains build

I have some SEAS Ca18rlys and would like to build some bookshelf speakers to sit upon bass bins that i'm working on for 50/50 music/HT. I would like to cross them using my Sony Es receiver at 80z. They will be positioned about 8ft apart center to center. The bass bins will each have a single RSS12HO ported and tuned to 27Hz and powered with Oaudio500w amps.

I was in the Pro audio field as a live sound engineer in my younger days and have spend a lot of time in recording studios and i have a preference for the sound of studio monitors, waveguide equipped ones in particular so i would like to incorporate a waveguide in my design. Zaph seems to have had good results using the 27tdfc in a wavguide so for starters i would like some opinions weather this hybrid dome/waveguide would be a good match for the Ca18rly.
  • Paul Ebert
    • May 2004

Um... Zaph used these exact drivers in his Waveguide TMM design, so I think it's quite safe to say they are an excellent match.

You may want to check out the 'Zaph KC Shootout w/ Pics' thread.

Comment

• benchtester
      • Sep 2007

The driver in the Zaph's Waveguide TMM is CA18RNX. The CA18RLY is very close in frequency response so it should work well with the 27TDFC. How they compare, I don't know.

I recently tried the 27TDFC in a waveguide and also the XT25TG30-04 in the waveguide. I liked the XT25 better; it seemed clearer and had a smoother frequency response in the waveguide.

Comment

• mayhem13
        • May 2008

Thanx Bench, the xt25 seems like another possibility. I believe AJ has worked with it in a waveguide as well. I'll be doing a simple MT instead of the 2.5 Zaph design. I'm considering a sealed enclosure as well but i think i'll have to raise my XO point to the bass bins. Since the bins are stereo and directly under the mains, i'm not sure having a higher xo of say 120Hz will be a problem.

Comment

• Paul Ebert
          • May 2004

Oops, my mistake.

I've wondered how the D26 would do in the MCM waveguide. I have a pair of them sitting idle, so I may pick up the waveguides and give it a try.

Comment

• Winter
            • Nov 2007

I'm pretty sure AJ used the Vifa XT19 in his waveguide.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"