Where can I find older Adire driver specs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Finleyville
    • Sep 2006

Where can I find older Adire driver specs?

Anyway...

So I have this Adire Koda 10" sub just sitting around my garage and thought since I do not have a sub in the house ATM I would just throw together a quick box to see how it sounds.

I want to do this little guy some justice though. So I could use the driver specs to know what size box and stuffing to use for it. Since Adire is officially belly-up does anyone know where I can get my hands on its info?

Thanks for the info!
    BE ALERT! The world needs more lerts.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Finleyville
      • Sep 2006

Thomas, you are the man, again... :T

So I downloaded both WinISD and LPScad to find out the proper internal volume for a sealed enclosure for this little guy. I must be a moron because I cannot get each program to accept my custom driver specs. LPScad wants airgap and VC height specs to even start and WinISD will not allow me to "name" my new driver to save it.

So if anyone wants to tackle in finding a smallish (< 3.0cu/ft) with the following specs thank you in advance!

Re: 2.8
      Z: 4 Ohms
      Le: 1.3 mH
      Fs: 28 Hz
      Qms: 3.50
      Qes: 0.42
      Qts: 0.38
      Vas: 85 L
      Sd: 344 cm^2
      Xmax: 18.0 mm
      Pmax: 300 W
      SPL: 88.0 @ 1W, 1m

Thanks again!
      BE ALERT! The world needs more lerts.

Comment

• Mike P.
        • Mar 2007

It models much better in ported then sealed. Both models have an input power of 300 watts and both have a subsonic filter applied at 23hz to keep Xmax within limits.

When entering parameters in WinISD, follow the instructions in the help files, or uncheck the "Auto Calculate Unknowns" box under the "General" tab before you enter any data.
        Attached Files

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Mike P.
          It models much better in ported then sealed.
          A ported box with a Fb of 27Hz is great for car audio applications and all but useless for HT.

With a little finesse a Fb of ~20Hz could be utilized. This is one of the rare situations where I think PR's are an option to be considered.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Mike P.
            • Mar 2007

With a little finesse a Fb of ~20Hz could be utilized.
            At the expense out low end outout which this driver doesn't have much to begin with. There are better choices for a HT sub, unless he's making do with what he has.

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

I believe thats why he said this is one of the rare instances he'd recommend a PR.

Comment

• ThomasW
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Mike P.
                There are better choices for a HT sub, unless he's making do with what he has.
                He stated he wants to use the driver he owns
                Originally posted by Dougie085
                I believe thats why he said this is one of the rare instances he'd recommend a PR.
                IMO it's the only viable option in this instance. If needed/wanted it gives him the ability to easily adjust the Fb.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"