X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gmed
    • Dec 2006

system finally finished!

After a year working on the speakers and then another 8 months just sitting there, working on the stands and just finally finishing the Isolation rack, my system is ready to enjoy. Im just waiting for couple of pieces for the stands that were CNC'd to go on top, and its done. Now I just have to work on a rack for my turntable.

Last edited by gmed; 14 August 2008, 12:20 Thursday.
  • TacoD
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2004

Good news, but where are the pictures?

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I tried to fix the links to his pics but cant. His hosting service doesn't allow direct linking or hyperlinks. So we won't be able to see the images.

If they showed up when he made the post it was a function of him being logged in and the pics being in his cache..

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• gmed
        • Dec 2006

Sorry about the links. I used the links to my site and not the web gallery.

Comment

• TacoD
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2004

Wow I like the rack it looks like a very expensive German rack . Are the pillars of your speaker stand also made up of slices of multiplex?

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Me tooo! Wow how much did it cost you to build that rack? Looks like you just used aluminum angle?

Comment

• Hank
              Super Senior Member
              • Jul 2002

Beautiful work, gmed! Are the stand shelves made of a couple layers of BB ply?

Comment

• gmed
                • Dec 2006

Thank you. The rack is pretty much aluminum and wood! The aluminum cost me about 100 and the BB plywood about 50. Top and middle shelves are made of 3 layers and the bottom one is 4 layers. Ive got spikes at the bottom. They do look like the Finite Elemente Pagode which costs $6500. Overall, I think Ive spent $250 including all the spacers, screws and Spikes.

And yes, the columns of my stands are made of 0.75" layers of BB plywood, CNC'd in 3" disks and glued together using a 3/8" threaded rod.

Comment

• phisch
                  • Mar 2008

Awesome job gmed. A very clever design you used for the rack.
                  Mike

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"