X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Schneider
    • Sep 2007

Baffle mounting bolts

There were a series of questions about the baffle mounting bolts that someone here (Stangbat?) used to mount the baffles on one of his projects. They were decorative and said to be available in a zinc finish from Lowe's. Stangbat painted his black before using them.

I found another source (Woodcraft) for them but finished in black oxide - no painting needed. They are called "connector bolts" by Woodcraft, part number 06k80 for a 2" length.

Woodcraft's web site also shows 1-1/8" and 3" versions in black. The thread is 1/4-20, but it uses a metric M4 hex key for tightening.

Because there was a lot of interest in these fasteners for baffles, I thought that I'd pass the tip along.

Bill Schneider
    My audio projects:
    https://www.afterness.com/audio
  • stangbat
    • Jan 2008

Yep, I used bolts like those and had to paint them. I'll definitely have to remember this. And $4.50 for 10 is cheaper than what I paid for the antique brass finished one at Home Depot. Nice find. Thanks!

Comment

• Doug Fraser
      • Apr 2004

Here is another source

Regards,
      Doug

Comment

• topp
        • Dec 2005

Here is are a couple more sources.

If you have a Fastenal store in town you maybe able to save on shipping.

Later,
        Topp

Comment

• Bill Schneider
          • Sep 2007

Doug: That's a great selection of finishes! The Nickle plate versions could be useful in a "high tech" look.

Topp: Just FYI, the second link you provided shows a page asking for a name and and password. If I backed my way to the main page, then searched in fasteners, I found them without entering a password.

I'll add that McMaster-Carr also lists the bronze-plated versions in several lengths. I can't provide a link to the specific page because of the Java code used, but search for "Chicago binding post" to get the correct page, then scroll to the bottom.

Bill Schneider
          My audio projects:
          https://www.afterness.com/audio

Comment

• topp
            • Dec 2005

Bill,

Yea, I did not check my link, since I copied and pasted it from their site. But like you said if you go to their fastener section, then Bolts, then KD Bolts you should find all they have.

Also, Fastenal does have other finishes too, I just filtered by black.
            http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...99600007&Nty=0 has the filter removed.

Topp

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"