X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobhowell
    • Jul 2008

Unibox with a DVC subwoofer??

I see no place to account for DVC in Unibox. Im working with MCM 8" DVC, which has values for one coil connected. How do I get it to handle both in parallel?

Bob
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The user needs to enter the data according to whether the VC's are wired in series or parallel

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Dennis H
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2002

Given the specs for a single coil (if you're really sure that's what they are):

For parallel, cut Re, Le and Qes in half. Recalculate Qts = 1/(1/Qes + 1/Qms).

For series, double Re, Le and Bl. Cut Qes in half. Recalculate Qts = 1/(1/Qes + 1/Qms).

I don't know anything about that driver but it's unusual to list the single coil specs.

Comment

• bobhowell
        • Jul 2008

Yes, But how do I do it? As two speakers in parallel? I see no way to enter this.

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Enter the data for a single speaker, adjusting it for series or parallel wiring.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• bobhowell
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Dennis H
            Given the specs for a single coil (if you're really sure that's what they are):

For parallel, cut Re, Le and Qes in half. Recalculate Qts = 1/(1/Qes + 1/Qms).

For series, double Re, Le and Bl. Cut Qes in half. Recalculate Qts = 1/(1/Qes + 1/Qms).

I don't know anything about that driver but it's unusual to list the single coil specs.

I have checked and impedance, Re and Le are per coil. So I will try your formulas. I want parallel.

Thanks

Comment

• Dennis H
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Aug 2002

Sounds good. The specs are really a gotcha game. Sometimes mfrs will list everything in parallel but list Bl in series because it makes the motor look stronger. If you have WinISD Pro (free download) you can enter specs you're pretty sure of and have it calculate the ones you aren't sure of to check for internal consistency. In fact you have to do it that way because it won't save a driver file with inconsistent specs. The help file tells how to do it.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"