X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cobblepots
    • May 2008

Grills on the Statments?

I'm want to build grills for the statments but I'm not sure how I'll like the look of them with the 3/4" round over on the sides. Does anyone have any picture of theirs with the grills on? I'm thinking of using a 45 degree chamfer on 1/2 MDF all the way around but I don't know how it will flow with that round over. Thanks
  • NateTTU
    • Jul 2007

Don't put the round over on, I just used a chamfer instead. Works fine, has no audible effect. Unforunately I have never seen a statement with a grill so I don't know how it would look.

Comment

• cobblepots
      • May 2008

I need to use the roundover so I can do the wrap around veneer. I want the whole thing to be done in one piece. Maybe if I do the 3/4 round over on the 1/2" mdf but with the round not making it to the top. That may look nice

Comment

• Jim Holtz
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by cobblepots
        I need to use the roundover so I can do the wrap around veneer. I want the whole thing to be done in one piece. Maybe if I do the 3/4 round over on the 1/2" mdf but with the round not making it to the top. That may look nice
        Here's a picture of how I did the Mini's. I used the 3/4" roundover on the front baffle as speced and used 1/2" MDF for the grill with a 1/2" roundover on the vertical edges only to match the look of the cabinet. It came out quite nice, I thought. I used grill magnets which work great with veneer.

HTH

Jim
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Jim Holtz; 05 August 2008, 16:07 Tuesday.

Comment

• cobblepots
          • May 2008

Jim,
          That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks. I'm thinking of creating a top cap and laquoring the bottoms to look like the av124 rockets. I know, piano black is a no no. But I feel that will give them a fantastic look. What do you think the mini's would look like with a rounded grill bottom at say, 12 inches in diameter? The monitors and center I'm building will have the grill go from top to bottom.

Comment

• Jim Holtz
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by cobblepots
            Jim,
            That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks. I'm thinking of creating a top cap and laquoring the bottoms to look like the av124 rockets. I know, piano black is a no no. But I feel that will give them a fantastic look. What do you think the mini's would look like with a rounded grill bottom at say, 12 inches in diameter? The monitors and center I'm building will have the grill go from top to bottom.
            I thought about doing a rounded bottom on the Mini's but my wife thought the square bottom matched the base better. Be a pioneer and try it! :T

Jim

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"