X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matt12v
    • Mar 2006

buttkicker amp at 8 ohms anybody?

Does anybody know how much power the buttkicker amp outputs @ an 8 ohm load. Is it not recommended to use it at 8 ohms? I am running it on 1 TC-2000 dual 4 ohm 15" but I dont exactly want to run 2000w rms @ 2 ohms into it lol. Any suggestions? Thanks
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by matt12v
    Does anybody know how much power the buttkicker amp outputs @ an 8 ohm load.
    Probably ~500 watts given their other published specs
    Is it not recommended to use it at 8 ohms?
    Might send that one to their tech support people
    I am running it on 1 TC-2000 dual 4 ohm 15" but I dont exactly want to run 2000w rms @ 2 ohms into it lol. Any suggestions?
    Don't turn it all the way up...

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• 1Michael
      • Sep 2006

They claim a 1000 watts but I know it has been measured to put out 740 Watts and a healthy dose of 14% distortion but I am not sure at what ohms that was.
      Michael
      Chesapeake Va.

Comment

• matt12v
        • Mar 2006

Thanks Thomas I took your advice and gave the beast the power it needed @2ohms! It still runs pretty cool even after watching war of the worlds! I don't need to turn it up even 1/4 of the way to shake the whole house and enjoy it! Way way better than the Behringer a-500 I was running bridged on it before. 14 percent distortion? Buggers w** is that? Before you drive it till it catches on fire? The amp sounds very good when you dont drive the p*** out of it.

Edit by moderator to remove profanity

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"