one of my Statement's louder than the other...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coconutout
    • Oct 2006

one of my Statement's louder than the other...

my right speaker is louder than the left. the louder speaker is 4 feet from the corner where there are two large windows. left speaker is open to the rest of the living room which is wall and an open doorway 5 feet away. i don't think the acoustics are the problem but thats why i thought i would come here to you guys to ask. i would rather open them up instead of move them around because they are the statements and mine has 25lb sand filled on bottom of whats already an extra thick 1.25" cabinet. they must weight about 180lb each. i think i have a pretty good guess on why it is but i thought i should come to you guys for expertise before taking out my toolbox. is it because one of the driver on the quieter speaker is out of phase? thank you so much for any input in advance.
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

Identify which driver sounds less loud and check your wiring. It could be anything. Most likely you have the polarity switched somewhere.

Comment

• shame302
      • Apr 2008

i wouldnt think its the room. my setup is just the opposite. my right speaker is close to the wall, like a foot and a half actually and the right is 8 feet from the other and open to the open living/kitchen area. both speakers sound the same volume wise and i have a horrid room for accoustics.
      Psudo HTPC, Nuforce AVP 16, Emotiva XPA 5, Statements mains and center, Dayton in wall rears, Twin Tempest X 7CUFT sealed, and very cool and understanding wife!

Comment

• cjd
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Dec 2004

It could be phase. It could be room. Make sure your distance is the same.

It could be your amplification.

Before you go checking your wiring, swap the speaker wiring at the amp to make sure the "loud" speaker doesn't switch. If it does, flip the wiring on your source to see if it's the source, or the amp.

C
        diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"