Aura NS10 or Acoustic Elegance TD10S? Anybody used either or both?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drew
    • Nov 2005

Aura NS10 or Acoustic Elegance TD10S? Anybody used either or both?

Hi All,

As always, I've got an idea for a project rattling around. For domestic tranquility, this particular project requires a high quality 10" woofer, but nothing larger.

I've narrowed it down to the Aura NS10 and the Acoustic Elegance TD10S. Specs wise I'd be happy with both, but I'm wondering which one has better sound quality. I became interested in the Aura since John really liked the 12" version, and hopefully the good genes run in the family. The Lambda drivers are supposed to be very good, but I've never heard one or seen measurements of one.

Does anybody here have experience with either, or, by some miracle, both? I'm curious about the Lambdas, but $250 is a bit much for me to just try on a whim.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks!
  • Jed
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2005

I've used the Aura NS10 and it is a nice subwoofer. I would chose something like a Seas L26 or W26 or Scanspeak for bass mids up to 400hz or so.

The Aura sounds best crossed low and since it has low impedance, it dips even more with a steep crossover. Not to mention the low sensitivity makes it tough to drive.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"