X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krips
    • Sep 2007

Peerless Subwoofer Drivers

I'm interested in using a few for a friends car, particularly the SLS series. Does anyone know if these are good drivers that produce good sound quality?
    Sharp LC-42D64U
    TriTrix MTM (Sealed)
  • DS-21
    • Jun 2005

The SLS8 is probably the best car midbass you can buy right now, if you can deal with its depth. Long throw, very good motor design, parameters that require little EQ in I-B car situations. The stamped frame is also the nicest stamped frame I've seen, with great ventilation above and below the spider. But it is a deep little driver.

In my Miata with the hardtop on, twin SLS8's reach down to ~16Hz without issues. Top up, I highpass them at ~40Hz so I'm not wasting power and generating extra distortion.

The bigger SLS drivers seem to want enclosures that seem far too large for a car. If I were doing a car system that could use an IB setup, twin SLS12's might be just the ticket, too. Plenty of output, and oh how cheap they are! Yeah, the XLS12 is a better driver all around, but for the money the SLS's are hard to beat.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"